I changed a few things for the wedding cake, the height of the lower tier and also the colour of the pearl powder I used for the pearls that outlined the edge of the cake (in this image I used white, in the final one I used gold - I wanted Ivory but they had run out of stock.)
The cake is a white chocolate mudcake and you can find the recipe here.
I made five cakes in total - three larger ones for the bottom tier and two smaller cakes which were trimmed down for the top tier. I leveled each cake and sliced through the middle, assembling the cake with 5 layers on the bottom and four slightly thicker layers on the top - each sandwiched with sour cream and white chocolate ganache.
The pearls were made using a ready-made white chocolate flavoured royal icing (had a nice creamy colour). I cut slices and then cut those into evenly sliced squares which were rolled into balls and put into an airtight container. I then dropped some of the pearl powder in and shook it all around to evenly coat. The pearls were darker than I wanted but I was generally pleased with how they turned out.
The finished product with homemade cake toppers - J & R for Joma and Rebekah:
DIY LETTER CAKE TOPPERS
These were made using salt dough, moulded then baked in the oven. I then used a fine builders premixed putty to fill in the cracks, and sprayed with a gloss gold spray paint. I was really pleased with the finished result!